- Born London UK
- Moved to Edinburgh
- Scottish Under 16 Cycling Champion
- Moved to France. Member of 'Sprinter Club de Nice' cycling team.
- Raced extensively in France, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands and UK
1984 - 85
- Member of Scottish National Cycling team
- Total 1st place finishes between 1980 and 1985: 53 wins.
- First rock climb with brother, Keith.
- First winter climb. Anoch Eagach, Glencoe Scotland.
- Royal Military Academy Sandhurst. Commissioned as 2nd Lieutenant
1988 - 91
- Served as Military Officer in15BN The Parachute Regiment (TA) UK.
- With my brother, Keith - Trained my father, Geoff, to get in shape and go hiking. My first fitness student! Almost killed him. Learned a lot!
- Moved to United States.
1992 - 1997
- Worked for Specialized Bicycle Company.
- Worked as consultant in London, UK.
- First Climb of Denali. Reached Summit solo, in one single-push from14,000 feet
- Decided to pursue career in Outdoor Leadership.
- Graduated Mountain Guide/Climbing Instructor Course with American Alpine Institute.
- Trained and certified as Wilderness First Responder (WFR).
- Taught 18 six-day Basic Mountaineering Courses for American Alpine Institute. Courses on Mount Baker and Mount Shuksan.
- First writing course with David Whyte. Whidbey Island, Washington.
- Training and internship as athletic coach.
- Certified by American Council of Exercise.
- Certified as Wilderness Emergency Medical Technician (WEMT)
- First Winter Ascent of Mount Rainier.
- Trained and led my first guided team on Mount Rainier with 100% summit success.
- First guided ascents of Denali and Mount Aconcagua.
- Denali climb featured in New York Times.
- Trained and certified in Avalanche Preparedness courses. Avy 1 and Avy 2.
- Nominated for Red Cross Award for providing assistance to climbing party stranded after fatal acccident on Mount Baker in 2002.
- Developed adventX outdoor fitness program in Seattle.
- Began coaching American Lung Association 'Climb for Clean Air' teams.
- adventX awarded 'Best Fitness Program' Award by Seattle Magazine.
- Trained and certified as 'Leave No Trace' Wilderness Ethics Instructor.
- Began research on 'Fit To Climb' fitness program.
- Guided 22 summit climbs of Mount Rainier.
- Conducted over 100 interviews of Mount Rainier summit climbers.
- Awarded 'Best Fitness Trainer in Washington' award by King 5 News Station.
- Developed and led first 'Fit To Climb' Coaching Program with 12 participants on Mount Rainier. 100% summit success for climbers.
- Developed Training Program for 'Big City Mountaineers Non Profit.
- First guiding expedition on Kilimanjaro
- Achieved 100% summit success on all expeditions led in 2009. Seven summits on Mount Rainier and one summit on Kilimanjaro.
- Began volunteering with 'Msamaria Center for Street Children' in Moshi, Tanzania.
- Mount Aconcagua, Andes Range, Argentina. Expedition Leader for US Army/Air Force Altitude Study Project. Supported Military Officers and Medical Staff to conduct one of the largest High Altitude medical studies ever completed.
- 'Fit By Nature' book published.
- Did 4000 mile USA coast-to-coast book tour - by bike.
- Wrote 'Fit To Climb' Blog with Rainier Mountaineering International
- Seventh visit to Kilimanjaro and seven year anniversary of volunteering at Msamaria Center for Street Children.
- Developed and facilitated hiking and exercise program with DESC (Downtown emergency services center) to serve people experiencing homelessness in Seattle, Washington.
- Nine months, three thousand miles hiking and climbing expedition, to conduct research for 'In The Footsteps of a Saint' book.
- Walked most of Pacific Crest Trail 2100 miles.
- Completed John Muir Trail
- Climbs of Mount San Jacinto, Mount Baden Powell, Mount Whitney, Mount Ritter, Cathedral Peak, Mount Shasta, Mount Hood and Mount Rainier.
- Volunteered with USFS Climbing Ranger team on Mount Shasta, California.
- Volunteered as fitness coach for successful 'Climb out of Homelessness' program, in Seattle and Tacoma, Washington.
- 'Fit To Climb: Rainier' book published in January.
- 'In The Footsteps of a Saint' due for publication in June.