Today's exercise is to connect with how accomplishments, challenges and any set-backs have felt.
From yesterday's lists (What went well this year & what didn’t go well this year), take one significant thing from each of he two lists and add one experience which created a significant challenge for you.
With each of these three things ask the following questions:
- How did the outcome make me feel?
- How did the outcome differ from my expectation before you started?
- What was difficult?
- What strengths/qualities surfaced in me?
- What are two things I know now, as a result of the experience?
- There are no wrong answers. It's an exploration, not a test.
- It's OK to feel hesitant in acknowledging what comes up.
- Spend a few minutes reviewing what you wrote.
- Finish the exercise by focusing on the most significant accomplishment of the year. Carry that energy through the day.
A quote for the day:
"Sitting quietly doing nothing
spring comes and the grass grows by itself"